Using the Export Portal you can create and order a Certificate of Origin or a Declaration of Origin (often abbreviated to C/O or CO or DOO) in 1-2 minutes. You can try the Export Portal for free for 30 days and order your Certificate of Origin here:
Watch video guide or follow our step-by-step guide:
When do you need a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin is often required of the recipient when a shipment needs to be sent from one country to another.
Are you unsure if a specific package needs a Certificate of Origin? Then contact one of the major Danish Chambers of Commerce for guidance and assistance.
Step-by-Step guide to filling out our Certificate of Origin form
Step 1: Pick the Shipment in Need of the Certificate
Before creating a Certificate of Origin: when you create the certificate, you first need to have created the shipment-item and booked transport with the carrier in the Export Portal.
Here you can see an overview of all your shipments.
- Choose the shipment that needs a Certificate of Origin and click “Create documents” – the second icon from the left.
- Click “Certificate of Origin”
Step 2: Make Sure All Information in the Form is Filled Out Correctly
All information pertaining to the creation of the certificate will automatically be retrieved from the pre-existing shipment-item. You are then able to:
- Edit the information by clicking on the relevant field
- Edit the shipment list by clicking “Add goods item”
Step 4: Choose Your Desired Issuing Format
- Choose the Chamber of Commerce you wish to send your Certificate of Origin-application by clicking “Endorser”
- Decide whether you want to receive your certificate via “Shipping”, “Collect” or “Digital”
- If you pick the digital solution, the Certificate of Origin will be approved and digitally signed by the chosen Chamber of Commerce within 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 5: Preview, Save, Print or Make Changes in the Format
When you’re sure all the entered information is correct, you have the five following options before you click “Send”:
- Click “Decimals” to change the number of decimals shown in the certificate. You can also change the date-format if you have any specific requirements
- Click “Preview” to make sure your Certificate of Origin is filled out and formatted correctly before it’s saved
- Click “Print” to send your application to a printing service, assuming your company has this setup. If not, it’s possible to print the document yourself.
- Click “Save” to save your certificate for a later date
- Click “Save & Close” to save the certificate and return to the overview
- Lastly, click “Send” in the lower-left corner and your Certificate of Origin-application will be sent to the appropriate Chamber of Commerc
Step 6: Track the process of approval for your Certificate of Origin
Once you’ve sent your application, you can track the process of approval by doing the following:
- Click the second icon from the right in the right-hand corner of the certification-item
- Keep an eye on the status of your current Certificate of Origin. In the screenshot above, its current status is “Open”
- If you’ve sent a digital application to the appropriate Chamber of Commerce, the signed and approved Certificate of Origin will be attached here