Order a EUR1 certificate in two minutes using the Export Portal
Using the Export Portal you can create and order a EUR1 certificate in just 1 to 2 minutes. You can try the Export Portal for free for 30 days and order your own EUR1 certificate here:
Watch video guide or follow our step-by-step guide:
FAQ about EUR1 certificates
What is a EUR1 certificate?
The EUR1 certificate is a form that is used in international commodity traffic. The certificate is used to certify the origin of a product. And furthermore it enables importers in certain countries to import goods at a lower import duty under agreements between the EU and beneficiary countries.
How do I get a EUR1 certificate?
The applicant for the EUR.1 (the exporter) must first be able to prove the origin of the goods. This is usually done via presentation of the supplier invoice stating the product origin. The exporter then fills in the EUR.1 application form, and hands it over to the competent authorities (usually the customs office) along with the supplier’s invoice. The authorities certify the form with a stamp and send it back to the exporter.
Source: Chamber International
Step-by-step guide to filling out our EUR1 form
Step 1: Choose the Item that Requires a EUR1 Certificate
Before creating a EUR1 certificate: When you’re applying for a EUR1 certificate, you first need to have created the shipment-item and booked transit with your carrier using the Export Portal. In the screenshot above, you can see the overview of all your shipping items.
- Choose the shipment which requires a EUR1 certificate and click “Create documents” – the second icon from the left
- Then choose “EUR.1 – Movement Certificate”
Step 2: Make Sure All Field Are Correctly Filled Out
All pertinent information for your EUR1 certificate has automatically been filled out based on preexisting information entered into your shipment-item. Then you can:
- Edit the document by clicking the appropriate field and finishing by clicking “Update X”
Step 3: Choosing the Issuing Format
- Firstly, you need to pick the appropriate Chamber of Commerce that you wish to send your EUR1 certificate-application to. This is done by clicking “Endorser” (Be advised, that you need to have a pre-existing agreement with said Chamber of Commerce before they’re able to print and deliver your certificate to the Danish Tax Agency)
- Decide whether you want your EUR1 Certificate delivered to you via “Shipping”, “Collect” or “Digital”
Step 4: Preview, Save, Print or Make Changes to the Format
Once you’ve made sure your application has been correctly filled out, you have five options before you click “Send”:
- Click “Decimals” in order to change the number of decimals shown in the certificate. You can also change the date-format if you have specific requirements for such
- Click “Preview” to ensure the certificate is properly formatted, before you save the document
- Click “Save” to save the certificate for future use
- Click “Save & Close” to save the certificate and return to the overview
- Finally, click “Send” in the bottom left-hand corner to send your application to the appropriate Chamber of Commerce